I have officially released herbivores into the game today! I'd just like to introduce you to what this means:
* Herbivores are bought in herds only. You do not buy single herbivores from the lab - but a whole herd at a time.
* The lab updates every 15 minutes with 6 new herbivore herds that are available for purchase. Once the 6 are bought, you must wait until 15 minutes passes so 6 new ones can appear.
* Herbivores are sold via auctions. You can auction your herd from their enclosure page and take a look at herbivores for auction from the marketplace (formerly bartering).
* Herbivores have grades. These grades are raised very slowly through extra care.
* Most herbivore meat at grade D will have no real stat bonus.
* Herbivores will only die of old age, if you cull them for meat, or if you don't give them a trough of water for 7 days or more.
* Herbivores can and will feed themselves, but if you want to feed them extra grain (which is pricey), then you can.
* Herbivores are expensive to raise and keep and should be considered carefully before being bought.
* Herbivores breed automatically and are guaranteed to breed if there is space (and at least 1 male and 1 female) every month between the 20th and the 24th.
* You can fertilize your herbivore enclosure with carnivore poop or buy expensive fertilizer. Fertilizing the foliage in the enclosure is optional and your herbivores will survive even if you don't.
* Herbivores appreciate having their enclosure cleaned after they make mess in it, but they won't die or be harmed if you don't. (Their grade may stay the same or lower though!)
You should now be able to purchase herbivores, and herbivore enclosures, from the lab page.
Hunting is not yet into effect at the time being BUT I would recommend researching the herbivores before you get going. Massive herbivores may require enormous packs relative to size in order to take down when hunting is released so it might be pointless raising Brachiosaurus if you keep Compys. :P I'll also try to get some more factfiles up soon.
HAVE FUN! And if you find any bugs, probably better to message me because it's faster. ;D