Welcome back everyone! You're currently sitting on the brand new layout, and, most likely, just had to re-enter your player names. XD (I figured you all would enjoy the tutorial with Reggie!)
Firstly, and most importantly, the Terms of Service for the game has changed. Please take a moment to review them here before you do anything else. If you don't agree to the new changes, please stop playing immediately.
Anyway, you're going to notice a lot of changes, and lots of new shiny things. The vast majority of them have been explained in great detail here:
For 13+ Players
For Under 13 Players
Me, the mods and the gurus have all been bug testing this for the longest time, but as with all new things, nothing is going to be bug free, so I'm really hoping you guys will be able to help me and be patient with this. <3 If you see anything that you think is a bug, please check the guides first to make sure it's not just a new feature, and then check the bug boards to make sure it hasn't already been reported. If it hasn't and is a definite bug, please in the subject either write "GAME BUG" or "ART BUG". Art bugs will be things where images just look a bit weird or are missing, or if the layout is messed. Game bugs cover everything else. :D
The most important changes to gameplay are, briefly summarized, as follows:
* Stat caps. They are fully explained in the guides.
* Battle points no longer exist. Your dinosaurs will have more points now because battle points and points have merged into "points".
* Levelling up now gives a "skill point", which you can assign to one of three prowesses. It's fully explained in the guide.
* Introduction of herbivore hunting. There's a guide in the links above.
* Illnesses/injuries are reintroduced, alongside vaccines. Vaccinations are NOT compulsory so it's totally up to you if you want to vaccinate or not. Illnesses/injuries can mostly be prevented by building up a good immune system by eating various herbivore meats. Alternatively, you can just vaccinate.
* As described above, each herbivore has a different use to help prevent different diseases.
I will be making a "herbivore summary" feature soon that will reveal what they boost and help prevent against, as well as a "can my pack hunt this herbivore?" tool. For now, have fun trying to see what you can work out!
Trophies have all been converted into Achievements, which are a lot more fun. >.> Also, we now have a tag album - both of these can be accessed from your profile pages.
I'd just like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you for being so patient throughout all of this, and I really hope you all enjoy the new changes and new features.