Add new Bookmark
Do you need some help? Enter your problem or question below and an Exhibited Guru will get back to you. If you have a serious problem, it might be best to ask a moderator instead by selecting "Mod Box" from the drop down. Remember, this isn't for reporting bugs.

Dinosaur Breeding

Looking for a stud or you recently put your dinosaur up for stud? Find and advertise here!

Gene Calculator
UPDATED November 4th, 2014

The calculator has been redone and should now be up to date with Ex's current system. It's also a lot easier to use -- all you have to do is put in the ID numbers of the dinos instead of copying their genotypes!

It's also easy to use on mobile devices/tablets. c;

Genetic Calculator

It's pretty self-explanatory, but you can use the Breeding Analysis to find out the chance of getting certain conditions, markings, or eye colours when breeding two dinos. Genetics Analysis will show you what conditions your dino displays or carries.

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if you breed two dinos and don't get results you want/that were predicted as possible. Always double check your dino genes before breeding.
:O
When you are test breeding genes on this, why do you have to add "eexxzz" between the DD and HH of the markings genes? It isn't displayed on the dinos' pages, and doesn't affect the outcome at all (i.e. the results displayed are the 'true' results of the genotype with eexxzz, but won't display without the extra letters in).
The "aaccDDeexxzzHh FFkknnLL" is an old gene string which is no longer used, these were colour genes and marking colours back before hex colours were added in for dinosaurs, before that it was only the colours that are seen in colour potions.

The marking genes and eye genes were then added in after this calculator was made so those genes aren't calculated in it, you only put in the BbGGiiJjooRRssTtVv string :D

Hey Tuk! I know you from LuckyLapine!
Hey everyone -- I decided to update the calculator since it was extremely old and outdated.

I finished the Genetics Analysis part so far and I'm about to start redoing the Breeding Analysis (I need to refresh myself on the current breeding rules and stuff first).

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems!
:O
Sweet, it takes so long to do it by hand.

"Not guilty. Your honor, I only committed that war crime ironically"
Where do you find your dinosaurs ID number? 'Scuse the noobishness, but I only got here an hour ago XD
Current project: Perfect Compsognathus.
At the end of the link.

"Not guilty. Your honor, I only committed that war crime ironically"
Thanks
Current project: Perfect Compsognathus.
Hey there, first off this is a great idea! I thought I was going to have to do it all by hand lol, so thank you very much!

I do have a question though! In the info here http://exhibited-sim.com/gene.php Vocal and Vibrancy are dominant (OO/Oo and VV/Vv respectively) however when I set up one of my dinos who has both Oo and Vv it states that she carries but does not display. Shouldn't she display if it's a dominant gene?
OO/VV mean they display the gene, Oo/ Vv means they only carry it but have a chance of passing it onto their offspring.

According to the link, and also genetics in general, a dominant marker should show regardless. Even if Exhibited wasn't sticking to how it normally works, I'm basing my question off how they describe it in the official page.

"Recessive (bb). Dinosaurs displaying this gene are noticably more slow-witted..."

"Recessive (gg). Dinosaurs displaying this gene usually have some kind of gap in their jaw..."

"Recessive (ii). Dinosaurs displaying this gene have boosted intelligence, and therefore..."

"Recessive (jj). Dinosaurs displaying this gene are always born with some kind of joint problems."

"Dominant (OO, Oo). Dinosaurs displaying this gene are more naturally prone to be vocal..."

"Dominant (VV, Vv). Dinosaurs displaying this gene have much stronger, brighter coloring..."

I'm guessing that because only two of them are dominant, the gene calculator just needs a small adjustment to take it into account.
Thank you for this :)
It's not working for me, it says there is an error
Most/All adult dinosaurs avalible for breeding 100 or lower! Inbred and not inbred, many colors to chose from.
Same here, it's probably busted
Everybody likes free stuff.
This one still works.