Add new Bookmark
Do you need some help? Enter your problem or question below and an Exhibited Guru will get back to you. If you have a serious problem, it might be best to ask a moderator instead by selecting "Mod Box" from the drop down. Remember, this isn't for reporting bugs.

Dinosaur Sales

Have a dinosaur for sale? Advertise it here!

PMing other users to ask about dinosaurs not for sale
It's a bit sad that I have to make a thread about this, but unfortunately quite a few users have been annoying other players by sending them messages asking about dinosaurs that they own to see if they will sell them to them.

Whilst it's not a rule breaker to do this, it's still very annoying - particularly if the person in question is repeatedly harassed about the same precious dinosaur that they own.

If a dinosaur is for sale, it will be marked as for sale - or it will be posted here, in this forum. Please be a little more considerate of other users, guys. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/BobTheDragon/pets/seal_kitty01.png
I've been bugged for different reasons and one of them is the Allosaurus. It's new yes, but it doesn't give people the right to keep begging for one or even just begging for one in general just cause they don't have one. It's not going to kill anyone to just wait to get one. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. So for people that don't have one(or just can't afford to get one) please don't go begging people that have one to breed or sell their Allosaur's just cause they have one. It's considered rude and annoying to some people(and I'm not trying to sound rude or offensive but it's true).

The darkness surrounds me like the night. Purple shadows wrap themselves around my figure, taunting me, whispering encouraging words in my ear. "Let us be one." they said, the multiple whispers speaking as one. No power to resist the shadows, I let them fuse into my body, making us become one. My eyes that were closed when we fused opened, my once golden eyes now red as blood glowed in the night. The once pure soul turned dark. No longer am I known as the Light of the Day, I am now known as the Darkness of the Night.
*Hugs Kitty* Thank you so much! I find it especially insulting when people offer a randomly low price for a dino you work hard on. ;)
i ask sometimes but not about a certain one and usually about breeding too. if they say no i do not ask again. but i can understand how that would be annoying.
i try not to do it too much and i never give a price because i want an idea of what THEY want. because some people sell dinos but they are not all up for sale even if they ARE for sale.
Wow. Good thing I don't own any dinosaurs worth buying. I don't even own Allosaurus or anything as popular as those.
Hi.
I brought it up but I did not read it, LOL!
You only need to pay a fraction of the cost there.
Mod Edit: Please do not post twice in a row, and use the edit button on your post instead.
I don't mind it when I get some. I consider it a compliment that they're interested in my dinos. Lol!

But, I don't send messages to other people asking for them. If I'm talking to them about a particular dino to start with (to set up breeding) I might add a footnote like "If you ever decide to sell, I'll take him. Lol!" But I won't message them about dinos not for sale unless they have a note on their page/exhibit or forums saying it's alright...

The only time I get annoyed is when someone messages you and asks if they can buy a dino and you say "sure, what's your offer?" and they give a ridiculous amount and then start in on how they don't have any money, but they really want one... That's fine if it's true, and they're just excited, but if that's true they shouldn't go on and on about it... I have given dinos away to help out new players, but don't beg me for it. One person was obviously not new but just wanted a free handout instead of paying for it... And it was a dino with rare coloring, markings, AND rare colored eyes... Basically the most expensive one in the exhibit... THEY made me mad...
just had the same problem i got this utahraptor from the reserve and later on was asked to return it i did but seriously if you want it why put it there
geckos rock
I have never done this... I don't think I'd be able to offer a good enough price. I've asked for a reduced stud price but that was before breeding contracts and with male raptors. I've also nagged people who do have their raptors up for stud to feed and heal the things. That is also very rude to do.
'Sanity? What would I do with a useless thing like that?' Kenpachi from Bleach
I WANT A T.REX
Are people not allowed to be interested in a dinosaur? I understand your need for privacy, and that some people don't want to be bugged constantly for the same reason, but it's still pretty inconsiderate to put down someone and block them just for asking if you are willing to sell a dinosaur.
ask once if there is any offer you could possibly make if the answer is no tell them that you are available should they change their mind do NOT bother them again...
'Sanity? What would I do with a useless thing like that?' Kenpachi from Bleach
This was posted because of multiple issues with people constantly asking if a dino was for sale. It then developed into harassment. There is nothing wrong with showing interest but if you continue to message a user about it, it becomes a problem.
Time is +2 hours exhibited time. the Internet is like a sea and people are like jellyfish if they don't like each other stinging each other ain't going to do anything they need to float away to be better. - Spotters
YA KITTY!
I don't got no money, money, money